STATE LEVEL POLICE RECRUITMENT BOARD ANDHRA PRADESH.
Rc. No. 246 /R&T/Rect.2/2016 Date:27-08-2016
1. State Level Police Recruitment Board, Andhra Pradesh (herein after referred as SLPRB, A.P.) invites application through ONLINE mode only in the prescribed proforma to be made available on WEBSITE (recruitment.appolice.gov.in) from 07-09-2016 at 1000 hours to 01-10-2016 at 1700 hours for the following posts. The number of vacancies indicated is only provisional and is liable for change without giving any notice. SLPRB, A.P., reserves the right to notify the modifications with regard to any aspect of recruitment during the process of recruitment.
The Physical Measurement Test and Physical Efficiency Test is likely to be held in the first week of October, 2016. The Final Written Examination is likely to be held in the first
week of November, 2016.
Name of the post
Stipendiary Cadet Trainee Police Constables (Communications) (Men & Women)
The Candidate will be required to submit (Upload) a copy of photo, signature and
community certificate (for BC/SC/ST candidates) while submitting Online Application Form.
2. Rules Governing the Posts:-
This recruitment to the posts mentioned in the Police Department (Post Code No. 25) is being made as per the provisions of the Andhra Pradesh Police (Stipendiary Cadet Trainee) Rules issued by the Government of Andhra Pradesh in G.O. Ms. No 315 Home (Pol.C) Department, dated 13-10-1999 and its amendments thereon.
3. Women Reservation : 33 1/3 % of vacancies in each category are reserved for women for the Post code No. 25 under direct recruitment. In the event of non-availability of eligible and suitable women candidates, the vacancies reserved for them shall not be carried forward to the subsequent year and shall be filled up by men candidates of respective category. The reservation will be a horizontal reservation following principle of sufficiency i.e., the reservation of women candidates shall be adjusted proportionately in the respective category to
which the women candidate belongs, in relaxation of relevant rules relating to Andhra Pradesh
State and Subordinate Service Rules- 1996.
4. The rule of Special representation (reservation) i.e., BC-A, BC-B, BC-C, BC-D, BC- E, SC, ST and Ex.Servicemen provided in Rule 22 of A.P. State & Subordinate Service Rules, 1996 will be applicable.
5. Reservation for Special Categories:-
The vacancies reserved for Special categories i.e., Home Guard (HG); Children of Police Personnel (CPP) and National Cadet Corps (NCC) as per details given in Para- 17 below shall be adjusted in horizontal manner on compartmentalized basis i.e., the reservation of Special category candidates shall be adjusted proportionately in respective communal category to which the candidate belongs.
Pertaining to Backward Classes,SC & ST (paras 6 & 7)
6. Relaxation in upper age limit (as given in para 9 (B) (b) (i)) and / or reservation to ‘BC-E group’ or ‘any category in BC-E group’ will be subject to the adjudication of the litigation pending before the Honourable Courts. However relaxation in upper age limit (as given in para 9 (B) (b) (i) and / or reservation to ‘BC-E group’ is applicable to first to the fourteen categories of BC-E group as per interim order on 25-03-2010 in Civil Appeal No(s). 2628-2637 of 2010 of Hon’ble Supreme Court of India. As per the G.O. Ms. No. 23, Back Ward Class Welfare Dept., dt: 07.07.2007, the castes mentioned in Sl. No. 15 are treated as ‘OC’ category.
7. CREAMY LAYER:-
Government have issued G.O.Ms.No. 3, Backward Classes Welfare (C2) Department dated 04-04-2006 and G.O.Ms. No. 26 Backward Classes Welfare (C) Dept., dt- 09.12.2013, laying down the criteria to determine Creamy Layer among Backward Classes in order to exclude from the provisions of reservations. Government of Andhra Pradesh has adopted all the criteria to determine the Creamy Layer among Backward Classes as fixed by the Government of India. The Government of Andhra Pradesh have fixed the annual income limit at Rs. 6,00,000/-.
The candidates belonging to Backward Classes, Scheduled Castes & Scheduled
Tribes should submit the Community & Date of Birth certificate in the format given
in Annexure - II to avail relaxation in age. The certificate must have been issued by
the competent revenue authority in terms of G.O. Ms. No. 58 SW (J) Dept., dated 12-
Only those candidates belonging to Backward Classes who do not belong to ‘Creamy
layer’ as defined in G.O.Ms.No. 3, Backward Classes Welfare (C2) Department,
dated 04-04-2006 and G.O.Ms. No. 26 Backward Classes Welfare (C) Dept., dt-
09.12.2013 will be eligible to avail reservation. They should submit the certificate in
the format given in Annexure - III regarding their exclusion from the Creamy Layer
from the competent authority (Tahasildar) along with the Community certificate in the format given in Annexure - II.
Candidates belonging to Backward Classes who belong to ‘Creamy layer’ are eligible
to avail relaxation in age but not the quota for reservation. They should submit the
Community certificate in the format given in Annexure - II.
The requisite educational qualification, age, physical standards, procedure to be
followed for selection etc are given below. The candidates must read the instructions given in this notification as well as “instructions for filling the online application” carefully in their own interest.
9. Eligibility Conditions:
A. For the post mentioned against Post Code No. 25 - Men & Women are eligible.
B. Age Limit:
a) General Rule
(i) A person who is a local to Andhra Pradesh State and also working in Andhra Pradesh Police Department as on the date of notification, has been on duty as Home Guard for a minimum duration of 360 days within a period of two years and who is still continuing his service as Home Guard, must have attained the age of 18 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years as
on 1st July, 2016 i.e., must have been born not earlier than 2nd
July, 1986 and not later than 1st July, 1998.
(ii) in the case of all other candidates, must have attained the age of
18 years and must not have attained the age of 22 years as on 1st
July, 2016 i.e., must have been born not earlier than 2nd July,
1994 and not later than 1st July, 1998.
b) Age Relaxation:-
The upper age limit prescribed in para (9) (B) (a) above will be relaxed as under;
(i) Upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Backward
Class or a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
(ii) Length of regular service limited upto a maximum of five years if a candidate is an employee of A.P. State Government (Employees of APTRANSCO, Discoms, APGENCO, APSRTC, Corporations, Municipalities, Local bodies etc. are not entitled for age relaxation).
(iii) Three years in addition to the length of service rendered in the Army, Naval or Air Force of the Union for the candidates who served in the Army, Naval or Air Force of the Union.
(iv) Three years in addition to the length of service rendered as a whole time Cadet Corps Instructor in NCC provided the candidate rendered a minimum service of 6 months as a whole time Cadet Corps Instructor in NCC.
(v) Upto a maximum of three years if a candidate is a retrenched temporary employee in the State Census Department with a minimum service of 6 months during 1991
(vi) Inthecaseofawidow, adivorcedwomanorawomanjudicially separated from her husband, and who is not remarried,
a) The candidate if she is an SC or ST, must have attained the age of 18 years and must not have attained the age of 40 years on
1st July, 2016 i.e., she must have been born not earlier than 2nd
July, 1976 and not later than 1st July, 1998;
b) In the case of all other categories other than SC & ST, the candidate must have attained the age of 18 years and must not have attained the age of 35 years as on 1st July, 2016 i.e., she must have been born not earlier than 2nd July, 1981 and not
later than 1st July, 1998.
NOTE:- A candidate claiming age relaxation by virtue of being either a widow or a divorcee or a woman judicially separated should produce the following documentary evidence.
(i) In case of widow, death certificate of her husband together with the affidavit that she has not re-married since.
(ii) In case of divorced women and women judicially separated from their husband, a certified copy of the judgment/decree of the appropriate court to prove the fact of divorce or the judicial separation, as the case may be, along with an affidavit that she has not re-married since.
Save as provided above, the age limits prescribed can in no case be relaxed.
NOTE: - The date of birth accepted by the SLPRB, AP is that entered in the Secondary School Certificate or Matriculation or an equivalent examination certificate. No other document relating to age like horoscopes, affidavits, birth extracts from Municipal Corporation, service records and the like will be accepted.
10) Minimum Educational Qualification
Educational Qualifications:- The candidate must hold, as on 1st July, 2016, SSC and must possess Industrial Training Institutional Certificate in Electronic Mechanic OR Information Technology and Electronic System Maintenance OR Computer Operator and Programming Assistant OR Mechanic Consumer Electronics OR Electrician. OR Two years Intermediate course with MPC OR vocational Intermediate in a) EET (Electronic Engineering Technician) b) Electrical Technician (ET), (old name Electrical Wiring and servicing of Electrical applications (E.W&SEA)) after SSC.
Note: The candidates who possess higher qualification than the prescribed one will also be considered for selection on par with the candidates who possess the prescribed qualification.
11. Physical Standards: The candidates should meet the following requirements
a) Height: Must not be less than 162 cms.
b) Chest: Must not be less than 84 cms round the chest on full inspiration with a minimum expansion of 4 cms.
a) Height: Must not be less than 152.5 cms b) Weight: Must not be less than 40 kgs
NOTE : However, the candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes and Aboriginal tribes in the agency areas of Srikakulam, Vizianagaram, Visakhapatnam, East Godavari and West
Godavari districts should meet the following requirements:
a) Height: Must not be less than 160 cms.
b) Chest: Must not be less than 80 cms round the chest on full inspiration with a minimum expansion of 3 cms.
a) Height: Must not be less than 150 cms b) Weight: Must not be less than 38 kgs
12) Medical Standards :
a) Eye Sight : Visual Standards required for the above selection shall be as follows:
(i) Distant Vision
(ii) Near Vision
ii) Each eye must have a full field of vision.
iii) Colour blindness, squint or any morbid condition of the eye or lids of either eye shall be deemed to be a disqualification.
b) The candidate should possess sound health and be free from any bodily defect or infirmity which will render him unfit.
c) Candidates who have the following ailments or defects will not be considered for recruitment to any post specified in this rule
i) Physically handicapped
ii) Knocking-knees, pigeon chest, flat foot, Vericose veins, Hammer toes, fractured limbs, decayed teeth, stammering, hard of hearing and abnormal psychological behaviour
NOTE : In order to prevent disappointment, candidates are advised to have themselves examined by a Civil Surgeon before applying for the examination to ensure that they meet the prescribed Physical and Medical Standards.
13. Fee Structure
A) The prescribed fee for candidate belonging to OCs/BCs is Rs. 300/- (Rupees three hundred only), and for candidates belonging to SCs/STs is Rs. 150/- (One Hundred Fifty only) towards Applications Processing and Examination.
B) Mode of Payment of Fee:
I Step: The candidate has to visit any of the Mee Seva (e-Seva) / AP Online/ TS Online centres to pay the prescribed Registration Fee by providing his / her Basic personal details like Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, Community and SSC Hall Ticket Number or its equivalent. Recruitment Notification amount should be credited in favour of Chairman, State Level Police Recruitment Board, Andhra Pradesh, by quoting Notification Rc. No. 246/R&T/Rect.2/2016.
II Step: After receiving the Payment Receipt from Mee Seva (e-Seva) / AP Online/ TS Online, the candidate has to visit the website recruitment.appolice.gov.in to submit the online application form. Even after making payment of fee, if the candidate fails
to submit the Online Application Form, such cases shall be rejected without giving any notice and fee once paid will not be refunded in any case.
14. Applications submitted after 1700 hrs on 01.10.2016 will not be accepted.
Incomplete applications will not be entertained.
15. CANDIDATES TO ENSURE THEIR ELIGIBILITY FOR THE EXAMINATION: The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil all eligibility conditions for admission to the examination. Their admission at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional and subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
Mere issue of Admit card /Hall ticket to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by the Board.
The board will take up verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents only after the candidate has finally qualified.
16. Selection Procedure/Scheme: - The Selection Procedure/Scheme of the Exam will be as follows:
A) Preliminary Selection Test:
No Preliminary Selection Test will be conducted for the above Post. After registration of their Online Application, candidates have to report for verification of certificates and Physical Measurements Test which will be mentioned in the Hall Tickets. This will be conducted at Vijayawada/ Guntur.
B) Physical Measurements Test (PMT)
The Physical Standards are mentioned at Para- 11above. All candidates who meet the required standards will be declared as qualified.
C) Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
All candidates declared qualified as above shall be required to attend 1600
Meters run (1 Mile Run) which is qualifying.
Male candidate must complete the run in 10 Minutes or less time.
Women candidate must complete the run in 12 Minutes 30 Seconds or less.
D) Final Written Examination:
Candidates who qualify in the above Physical Measurements Test and Physical Efficiency Test shall be required to appear for a final written examination in one paper (three hours duration) as given below. The syllabus is given in Annexure I.
Technical Paper (Objective in nature) (200
Note: (1) The minimum marks to be secured by the candidates in order to qualify in the written examination in the paper is 40% for OCs, 35% for BCs, 30% for SCs / STs / Ex- Servicemen.
(2) Questions in the Paper will be objective in nature and will be set in English
& Telugu languages. Candidates have to answer the questions on an OMR answer sheet using Blue / Black Ball Point pen only. For this purpose, candidates should bring Blue/ Black Ball Point pens along with them.
(E) Selection: The final selection of the candidates will be made strictly on relative merit, as obtained by them based on their score in the written examination (200 marks) for the candidates who qualified in Physical Efficiency Test. The provision of “The Andhra Pradesh Public Employment (Organization of Local cadres and regulation of direct recruitment) Order, 1975”, the rule of reservation to local candidates is not applicable”.
F) Preference: When two or more candidates in a particular category obtain equal marks, preference will be given to the candidate who was born earlier.
17. Special Representation for Special Categories:
Special representation for the following Special Category will be applicable
only to a person who is local to State of Andhra Pradesh.
A) Quotas in Special Categories: 2% for Home Guards (HG); 3% for Children of
Police Personnel (CPP) and 1% for National Cadet Corps (NCC).
B) Candidates who claim reservation / quota under following special categories should satisfy the following conditions: -
i) Home Guard – Persons who, as on the date of notification, have been on duty as Home Guards in the State of Andhra Pradesh for a minimum duration of
360 days within a period of two years and who are still continuing their service as
Home Guards come under this category.
ii) CPP – Children of Police Personnel upto the rank of Inspector of Police in service in A.P. Police Department as well as Children of Police Personnel upto the rank of Inspector of Police, who after serving in the A.P. Police Dept. have, either retired or died, will come under this special category.
Note: The police personnel who were compulsorily retired or removed or dismissed from service will not be considered for their children for quota under ‘Children of Police Personnel’ (CPP).
iii) NCC – National Cadet Corps - Candidates who possess NCC ‘C’ certificate will be preferred. If sufficient candidates are not available, then the candidates who possess NCC ‘B’ certificate will be considered. If vacancies still remain unfilled, then the candidates who possess NCC ‘A’ certificate will be considered.
i) Candidates who claim reservation/quota under Home Guard and CPP should satisfy the above conditions and submit the certificate as per annexure IVandV respectively. The certificate(s) pertaining to Home Guard and CPP should be obtained on or after the date of notification i.e., 27-08-2016 from the competent authority. The certificate obtained before the date of notification is not valid and will not be entertained.
ii) Candidates who claim reservation / quota under NCC (A/B/C) should submit the necessary certificate.
iii) Candidates who claim reservation as Ex-Servicemen should satisfy the conditions mentioned in Rule 2 (16) of A.P. State and Subordinate Service Rules and having the necessary certificate from the competent authority.
18. The selection of the candidates will be provisional and subject to verification of the original certificates, antecedents and medical examination.
19. Antecedents verification: No person shall be eligible for appointment to any service by direct recruitment unless he satisfies the selection authority as well as the appointing authority that his character and antecedents are such as to qualify him for such service.
20. Disqualification for appointment: The candidates falling under the following categories shall be disqualified for selection/appointment, under the rules.
(i) Suppression of material facts (either in the application form or in the attestation form).
(ii) If the candidate himself or through his relatives or friends or any other has canvassed or endeavoured to enlist extraneous support whether from official or non-official sources for his candidature.
(iii) A person (a) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living, or (b) who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any other person. Provided that the State Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
(iv) A person who has been dismissed from the services of a State or Central Government or from the service of any Central or State Government undertaking or local body or other authority.
(v) A person who has been convicted for any offence in any court of law. (vi) A person who is involved in an offence involving moral turpitude.
21. In the event of any information being found false or incorrect or ineligibility being detected at any time even after appointment, he / she will be discharged from service forthwith by the appointing authority without giving any notice.
22. Suppression of material facts or withholding any factual information in the attestation form (which would be supplied to the candidates who will be provisionally selected) will disqualify the candidate from being considered for appointment. In the event of any information being found false or incorrect or ineligibility being detected at any time even after appointment, he / she will be discharged from service forthwith by the appointing authority without giving any notice.
23. Stipend and Allowance: During the period of institutional training (regular as well as extended) candidates shall be eligible for stipend as fixed by the Government from time to time. On successful completion of training, they will be appointed in the regular time scale of pay as mentioned under para 24 below.
24. Scale of pay: For Post Code Nos. 25 : Rs. 16,400 -- 49,870/-
25. The employees who are appointed on or after 01-09-2004 are covered by the Contributory Pension Scheme. The Pension Scheme as per A.P. Revised Pension Rules, 1980 will not be applicable to them.
26. The candidates who were provisionally selected for any one of the post specified in this notification and is an employee of A.P. State Government / any other State Government / Central Government / any Government undertaking can join training only after relief / resignation in the earlier service.
27. Time limit for submission of attestation forms (or) other relevant documents (or) attend medical examination (or) join the training: The candidates who are provisionally selected for any one of the post specified in this notification will be asked to submit an attestation form, produce other relevant documents and attend medical examination on a specified date. The candidates who become eligible to be sent for training will be asked to join the training on a specified date. If any candidate fails to respond and fails to submit the necessary form or document or attend the medical examination or join the training on a specified date, his / her provisional selection may be cancelled without prior notice to the candidate.
28. Certificates to be brought by candidate at the time of Physical Measurement Test:-
At the time of Physical Measurement Test, the candidates shall bring, IN PERSON, the following documents in original along with one set of Xerox copy duly attested by a Gazetted Officer while coming for attending Physical Measurement (PM) & Physical Efficiency Test (PET) compulsorily. Failure to produce the same will lead to rejection of the candidature.
a) Secondary School/Matriculation certificate or equivalent certificate in support of the date of birth.
b) Educational qualification – The candidate must hold, as on 1st July, 2016, SSC and must possess Industrial Training Institutional Certificate in Electronic Mechanic OR Information Technology and Electronic System Maintenance OR Computer Operator and Programming Assistant OR Mechanic Consumer Electronics OR Electrician. OR Two years Intermediate course with MPC OR vocational Intermediate in (a) EET (Electronic Engineering Technician) (b) Electrical Technician (ET), (old name Electrical Wiring and servicing of Electrical applications (E.W&SEA)) after SSC.
c) BC candidates who wish to claim concession in age and also reservation specified for the Backward Classes should submit the LATEST Community & Date of Birth Certificate and Certificate of their exclusion from the Creamy Layer issued by the competent revenue authority as specified under.
d) The SC/ST candidates who wish to claim concession in age and also reservation specified for the SC/ST, should submit the LATEST Community & Date of Birth Certificate issued by the competent authority as specified above.
e) Certificate from the competent authority in respect of State Government employees/those who worked in the Army, Navy or Air Force of the Indian Union/NCC Instructors/ retrenched temporary employees in the State Census Department during 1991 for claiming age concession.
f) Residence certificate in the agency area from the competent authority in respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled tribes and Aboriginal Tribes in the agency areas who claim relaxation in Physical Measurements or reservation.
g) Home Guards Service Certificate/Certificate of CPP, wherever applicable. h) Ex-servicemen certificate/NCC A,B,C certificate etc., wherever applicable.
29. The SLPRB, A.P. reserves the right to take decision regarding conduct of examination and selecting candidates as per rules. The decision of the SLPRB, A.P. shall be final in all respects. Further, SLPRB, A.P. may modify and reschedule the Examination/Test due to unforeseen circumstances. All efforts will be made to intimate any such change to the candidates. However, candidates are also requested to regularly visit the web site and see notifications issued through News papers, TV and other media.
ANNEXURE - I
SYLLABUS FOR WRITTEN EXAMINATION TECHNICAL PAPER (OBJECTIVE TYPE) (200 QUESTIONS) :
1. Electrical : Characteristic and Application of conductors, Insulators, Semiconductors;
Construction of carbon, wire wound (linier logarithmic) resistors, thermistors potentio meters; Kircheff’s law, Ohms Law; principle of construction and special feature of simple meter, Moving iron/Moving coil meter, VTVM, Universal meter, Ohm meter and Ammeter; alternating current, A.C induced voltage, current; Faraday’s principle; lenses law of self induction; A.C generators and Fleming three finger rule, Frequency peak, average R.M.S values; Function and application of vibrators;
2. Electronics & Radio: Characteristics and Application of inductance in a tuned circuit; Coil-Concept of reactance, phase, power factor, Inductance and co-efficient of coupling; series and parallel connection of capacitor in A.C circuits, different types of capacitors and their application, basic elements of resonance circuit, parallel L.C circuit, Anti resonance circuit, tuning and current gain, construction of Transistors, Bi-polar junction devises, PNP & NPN transistors and dynamic curves, principle of FET transistors, uses of diodes as rectifiers, Half wave and Full wave rectifier circuit, Bridge rectifiers, effect of ripples, uses of filters, carrier modulation (AM and FM) Single side band, Band width, Fidelity and quality construction in the receiver, detectors, discriminators, Range of Audio and quality construction in the receiver, detectors, discriminators, Range of Audio Frequency, Necessity for amplifications like Class ‘A’ ‘B’ and ‘C’ , push-pull voltage amplifier, principle of superhydrodyne receiver, frequency conversion, I.F amplification, Principle of Magnetic sound recording, magnetic tapes, magnetic heads erasing head, Television principles, Construction and working principle of Picture tube Deflection camera tube, basic T.V. System scanning synchronization composite video signal.
3. Basics of Computers : MS-Office (MS-word, EXCEL and Power point): Fundamentals of Computer Architecture, Mother board and peripherals, accessories, MS-DOS, Windows operating systems, PC assembly and software installation, networking & LAN, basics of WAN.
4. Telephone System: Basics of PSTN telephone network, Telephone instruments, EPABX, FAX, Internet telephony, GSM and CDMA phone system.