RAILWAY RECRUITMENT CELL, GORAKHPUR
RECRUITMENT AGAINST SPORTS QUOTA 2016-17
Employment Notice No: NER/RRC/SQ/2016-17 Dated 30.07.2016
Last Date of Application: 29.08.2016
(Last date for the candidates of Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura,
Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahoul and Spiti districts and Pangi Sub-division of Chamba District of Himachal
Pradesh, Andaman & Nikobar and Lakshwadeep Islands and for candidates residing abroad):l4.09.2016
Applications are invited in the prescribed fonnat as given in Annexure-A hereunder, from eligible Indian citizens possessing prescribed Sports qualifications described in para 2 below, for recruitment against Sports quota for the year2016-17 for Group 'C' posts in Pay Band-I (Rs. 5200-20200) on N.E. Railway.
NOTE: Candidates possessing Sports qualifications for the posts of Grade Pay 190012000may also apply for the
posts of Grade Pay 2400/2800. If none of the applications for Grade Pay 2400/2800 qualify for Grade Pay
2400/2800, the same may be considered for recruitment in Grade Pay 1900/2000 against the posts of Grade Pay 2400/2800.
(2) SPORTS NORM FOR RECRUITMENT:
2.1 The minimum sports norms for recruitment of sportspetsons against sports quota through Open Advertisement in different Grade Pay and Pay Band for both(team and individual) events shall be as under:
Categorization of International Championships/events:
Category- A : Olympic Games (Senior Category), Asian Games (Gold medalist)
Category-B : World Cup (Junior /Senior Category), World Championships (Junior /Senior Category), Asian Games (Senior Category), Common wealth Games (Senior Category)
: Common wealth Championships (Junior/Senior Category) Asian Championships/Asia Cup (Junior/Senior Category) South Asian Federations (SAF) Games (Senior Category) USIC (World Railways) Championships (Senior Category)
2.3 In Athletics, medal winning performance in National Inter State Senior Athletics Championships may also be considered for recruitment against the posts having grade pay Rs.1900 in pay band Rs.5200-20200.
2.4 (i) In Cricket at lnternational level, representation of main Indian Seniors team in a Test Match or in a limited
overs one day International match or in a Twenty-20 overs match shall also be considered for recruitment against the posts having Grade Pay 1900 or 2000 in Pay Band Rs. 5200-20200.
(ii) In Cricket at National level following sports achievements in 4 Days/One Day limited overs/Twenty-20 overs
cricket Championships (except Vizzy Trophy) organised under the aegis of BCCI may also be considered for recruitment ainstthe sts havin Grade Pa Rs. 1900 in Pa Band 5200-20200:-
2.5 In Badminton sport persons may also be considered for recruitment on the basis of their current annual All India rankings in different Grade Pay and Pay Bands as per following criteria
Only the current Annual All India Ranking shall be considered for these purposes. Ranking in Mixed Doubles shallnot be considered.
Note: (a) All the recruitment shall be at the minimum of the Scale of pay. (b) All the Championships mentioned above should have been conducted under the aegis of recognized International/National/State Sports Federation and also recognized by RSPlJ. (c) For recruitment of sports persons, on the basis of sports achievements in junior National Championships, the age groups as mentioned below will only be considered
(3) MINIMUM El>UCATIONAL QUALIFICATION: (A) For the posts having GP.1900/2000: Pass in 10+2 or its Equivalent (B) For the posts having GP-2400/- (Technical): Pass 10+2 in Science i.e. Maths or Physics or equivalent. (C) For the posts having GP 2800/-: A university Degree or its equivalent.
(4) AGE: 18-25 years as on 01.012017. No age relaxation is permissible.
(S) PERIOD OF RECKONING OF SPORTS ACHIEVEMENTS: The sports achievements of current &
previous two financial years will be taken into account for eligibility. Therefore, the sports achievements of on or after 1st April 2014 will only be considered.
(7) How To apply: (i) Candidate should carefully read all the instructions given in the employment notice before filling the application form. (ii) Application shall be submitted on good quality white plain A4 size paper in the format given in Annexure-A hereunder using only one side of the paper. (iii) The application should be filled either in English or Hindi. (iv) The application form should be filled by the applicant in his/her own handwriting using a blue or black ball point pen. (v) Serving Government employees should send their applications through proper channel duly forwarded by their controlling officers. The last date will not be extended on account of delay in transmission of the application by the concerned office. However an advance copy of the application may also be submitted. (vi) Candidates claiming refund of Examination Fee must submit self attested copies of the requisite certificates, issued by the appropriate authority.
(8)Wbom to apply: Application in the prescribed format, complete in all respect along with all the enclosures should be sent by ORl>INARY POST only to Senior Personal Officer, Railway Recruitment Cell, N.E. Railway CCM Annexe Building Railway Road No. 14 Gorakhpur (UP)-273012 or may be dropped in the box kept at the premises of Railway Recruitment Cell, Gorakhpur between 09.30 hrs to 18.00 hrs. on any working day on or before last date of application in an envelope duly superscribing "SPORTS QUOTA 2016-17"
(8) Examination Fee: (i) For all candidates except those mentioned in sub-para (ii) below: Rs.500/-(Rupees Five Hundred only). (ii) For candidates belonging to SC/ST/Ex-servicemen/Persons with disabilities (PWDs), Women, Minorities and Economically Backward Classes: Rs-250/-(Rs. Two Hundred Fifty only}, which will be refunded to those candidates who actually appear in the trials. Fee will be in the form of Indian Postal Order (IPO), drawn in favour of Senior Personnel Officer, RRC, N.E. Railway, payable at Gorakhpur. IPOs issued before the date of issue of this Employment Notice will not be accepted and the Application form will be rejected. Applications received With fee in the form of Demand draft/Cash/Cheque/Central Recruitment Fee Stamps and Money Orders will not be accepted and application form will be REJECTED. Candidates must write their name and full address at the space provided in the postal order. Save as stated above, the examination fee is not refundable/transferable/adjustable under any circumstances.
(09) RECRUITMENTPROCESS : The recruitment will be based on performance in trial and evaluation of sports and educational achievements.
(10) GENERAL CONDIDONS OF RECRUITMENT: (i) Before applying, the candidate should ensure that he/she fulfills all the eligibility norms (ii) The specific position played in the particular game/event if applicable must be mention in the application form. (iii) The educational or Sports qualifications acquired after the date of application shall not be considered. (iv) Candidates attempting to give false information/suppressing the facts will be disqualified and are liable for debarment and legal action. Candidates who attempt fraud/impersonation are liable to
be debarred to appear in the future examinations conducted for recruitment in Railways. (v) Candidate(s) found eligible for appointment have to pass the prescribed medical examination conducted by the Railway administration before appointment. (vi) Mere selection of candidates and recommendation for their appointment shall not confer
any right on the candidates for their appointment in Railway. (vii) Second class Free journey pass from the nearest Railway station mentioned in the application form will be issued to the candidates belonging to SC & ST communities whenever they are called at any stage of recruitment. (viii) The person appointed against Sports Quota to the category of clerks will be required to possess proficiency in typing within a period of four years from the date of appointment. If the candidate does not acquire prescribed typing qualification within the stipulated period, increments due after four years and thereafter shall not be released. (ix) Candidates belonging to Assam, Meghalaya,
Arunachal Pradesh. Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahoul and Spiti districts
and Pangi Sub-division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nikobar and Lakshwadeep Islands should enclose a domicile certificate or a certificate of having passed the qualifying examination from the schciol/college situated therein.tx) Candidate should be in readiness to appear in the trials at short notice.
(12) List of enclosu"5: (i) Indian Postal Order for Rs. 500/- or Rs. 250/- (as the case may be). SC/ST, Ex•
servicemen, Persons with Disabilities, Minority candidates and candidates belonging to Economically Backward Classes should enclose self attested copies of the certificates issued by appropriate authority. (ii) Self attested copy of educational/technical certificates. (iii) Self Attested copy of Sports certificates issued by Authorised Signatories for events. (iv) For OBC Candidates the caste certificate must be on the prescribed format for employment tinder Govt. Of India (v) Self attested copy of 10th class or equivalent certificate as proof of Date of Birth. (vi) Income Certificate in case of Economically Backward Class candidates.
(13) Invalid Applications: Applications not in the prescribed format, not completely filled or filled/submitted in contravention of the above mentioned instructions will be summarily rejected. Apart from the above, following are the main grounds for rejection of application form: (i) Application forms received through Registered Post/Speed Post/Courier. (ii) Application not on the given format (iii) Incomplete/illegible application forms (iv) Applications without prescribed Examination Fee (v) Necessary certificates not enclosed for relaxation in Examination Fee. (vi) Examination fee being in any other form except Indian Postal Order (vii) Certificates of Educational qualification and Sports achievements not enclosed (viii) Two personal identification marks not mentioned in the application form (ix) Declaration not written on the application form in the candidate's hand writing (x) Left Thumb Impression and signature not done on the application form (xi) Signature in capital letters (xii) Not affixing self attested photograph on the application form (xiii) Not making all the entries in the application form (xiv) Canvassing, pressurising or trying to influence in any manner regarding recruitment/candidature.
Note: (1) In Case ofdifference between English and Hindi versions of the Employment Notice the English version shall be applicable. (2) The decision ofRRC/NER in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the application, issue of free journey pass, penalty for false information, mode of selection, conduct of examination( s), allotment of Examination centre, and all other matters related with recruitment process will be final and binding on the candidates. Any enquiry or correspondence will not be entertained in this connection. (3) Railway Administration will not be liable/responsible for any loss/injury/damage, whether direct or consequential, suffered/incumd by any candidate during the recruitment process. (4) Any legal issues arising out of or in connection with this employment notice shall fall within the legal jurisdiction of Central Administrative Tribunal, Allahabad. (5) This Employment notice is available at N.E. Railway's website www.ner.indianrailways.gov.in. Candidates are advised to visit NE Railway's website regularly for updates and further information.