"GOVERNMENSTRIVES TO HAVE A WORKFORCEWHICH REFLECTS GENDERBALANCE AND WOMEN CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGEDTO APPLY •
I. Online applications are invited for the following Group 'C' posts from the eligible candidates against the vacancies in Directorate of Purchase & Stores (DPS). Mumbai and other Regional Units of DPSall over India.
II. Legend, PH - Physically Handicapped, HH- Hearing Handicapped, PD- Partially Deaf, VH - Visually Handicapped. PB- Partially Blind.
Physical deformity should not be less than 40 percent. "HH or Impairment" means loss of 60 decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequencies.
III. AGE LIMIT& RELAXATION, 18 years minimum and 27 years maximum.
(a) Relaxation in upper age limit up to a maximum of 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 3 years for OBC candidates. (b) Relaxation in upper age limit for PH candidates. UR- I 0 years. SC/ST- 15 years and OBC- 13 years.
(c) Relaxation in the upper age limit of 5 years shall be admissible to all persons who had ordinarily been domiciled in
Kashmir Division of the state of J&K during the period from the 1st day of January 1980 to 31st day of December.
1989 provided that the relaxation in the upper age limit for appearing at any examination shall be subject to the maximum number of chances permissible under the relevant rules. Any person intending to avail of this relaxation of age limit shall submit a certificate from .
(i) The District Magistrate in the Kashmir Division within whose jurisdiction he/she had ordinarily resided; or
(ii) Any other authority designated in this behalf by the Government of J&K to the effect that he/she had ordinarily been domiciled in the Kashmir Division of the State of jammu & Kashmir during the period from the I st day of January 1980 to the s r' day of December 1989.
(d) Relaxation in the upper age limit of 5 years shall be admissible to children/family members of those who died in the I B64 riots.
(e) For departmental candidates with 3 years continuous service in the same line or allied cadre. upper age limit will be
40 years for general candidates. 43 years for OBC candidates. 45 years for SC/ST candidates.
(f) Age relaxation to ex-servicemen, for Group 'C' posts, ex-servicemen who has put in not less than six months' continuous service in the Armed Forces shall be allowed to deduct the period of such service from his actual age and if the resultant age does not exceed the prescribed maximum age by more than three years, he/ she shall be deemed to satisfy the condition regarding age-limit.
Note, Only Birth Certificate or Secondary School Certificate will be accepted as proof of Date of Birth. No subsequent
request for change shall be granted. The crucial date for determining the age limit shall be the closing date for receipt of applications from candidates in India. (Other than those in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep.)
IV. METHOD OF SELECTION.
After scrutiny of applications, eligible candidates will be issued with admit card to appear in the Competitive Written Examinations. Those candidates who qualify and get shortlisted in written competitive examinations will be required to appear for document verification in Mumbai. After verification of documents final list of selection will be published. Centers for the written examination will be notified later on this web site.
The Written Examinations will be conducted as follows,
Tier-I. Written Examination (Objective Multiple Choice type) Tier-IL Written examination (Descriptive type)
Top scorers in Tier-I examination would be shortlisted for Tier-II examination. Maximum of 3 candidates for each
vacancy would be shortlisted for Tier-II examination, subject to availability of such number in the Tier-I pass list. (Those who score less than 10 marks in Tier-I Written Examination will not be eligible to appear for Tier-II examination).
a. The candidates have to answer the question of written examination (Tier-I) on OMR sheet.
b. There will be negative marking in Written Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type). 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
c. The questions will be set in Hindi and English. Questions for English Language & Comprehension will be in English only.
d. If and wherever felt necessary, the examination will be held in more than one batch.
e. Examination centers will be in Mumbai.
VI. SUBMISSION OF ON-LINE APPLICATION,
Candidates are required to apply online through rect.dpsdae.gov.in or www.dpsdae.gov.in. No other means/ mode of application will be accepted.
Candidates are requested to go through carefully, the details of posts and instructions published in the advertisement.
1. Candidates are required to have a valid Email ID and mobile number. It should be kept active during the currency of this recruitment. This Directorate will send intimation about call letters for written examination only through email ID indicated in the application.
2. The facility of online application will be opened on 20.08.ZO 16 and closed on 14.09.ZO 16.
VII. GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS,
1. Candidates who have not acquired the educational qualification (declaration of result) on the closing date of receipt of application shall not apply.
2. Persons working under the Central/State Government/Public Sector Undertakings should submit a "NO OBJECTION
CERTIFICATE• from their employer at the time of verification of documents.
3. Ex-servicemen candidates must submit 'Proforma of certificate for employed officials' (Appendix-Z) and 'Form of undertaking to be given by candidates applying for civil posts under Ex-servicemen category' (Appendix-3) at the time of verification of documents. Appendix 2 & 3 are available under 'Downloads' tab in the website.
4. The vacancies shown above are provisional and subject to variation based on the outcome of 3rd Cadre Review, now
under process. The filling up of vacancies indicated in the advertisement is also subject to the approval of Competent Authority and may not be filled up if decided otherwise in terms of the orders issued by Government from time to time.
5. Only screened-in applicants will be called for competitive written test.
6. Mere fulfillment of requirements as laid down in the advertisement does not entitle a candidate to be called for written examination/interview.
7. The decision of this Directorate will be final and binding.
8. Any subsequent amendments/modifications etc. on this matter will be notified in the DPS website only which may be referred to by the interested candidates continuously.
9. Only unemployed outstation SC/ST candidates called for written tests/ document verification will be eligible for reimbursement of to and fro journey expenses limited to single SECOND CLASS (General) railway fare by the shortest route as per rules. If concessional tickets are available. reimbursement will be limited to the concessional return fare only. In case Indian railway is offering free travel to unemployed candidates for attending interviews etc. candidates are advised to avail the said facility.
10. Candidates may ensure that they fill in the correct information; Candidates who furnish false information are liable
to be disqualified for written test.
11. The candidates selected against this advertisement may please note that posting will be at the discretion of the Competent Authority and subject to the availability of vacancy and are liable to serve in any part of India and in any constituent units of the Department of Atomic Energy.
12. The candidates appointed will be governed by National Pension Scheme applicable to Central Government Service
[unless they are already governed by CCS (Pension) Rules 1972].
13. This Directorate reserves the right to fill up the post or to cancel the whole process of recruitment without assigning any reasons.
14. Candidates would be required to produce the relevant certificates in original and submit attested single copy of certificates of the following at the time of document verification after the written tests,
a) Educational qualifications supported by appropriate mark sheets/certificates as proof of having acquired the minimum educational qualification on the closing date failing which the candidature of such candidate will be cancelled.
b) Date of birth/Proof of age. (Birth Certificate or Secondary School Certificate)
c) SC/ST candidates' caste certificate should be issued by designated authority in the prescribed format and the community should have been included in the Presidential orders in relation to the concerned state (as per the format given in Annexure-1 ).
d) OBC candidates' caste certificate should be recent and issued by designated authority in the prescribed format with non-creamy layer certificate and the caste/community should have been included in the Central lists of Other Backwards Class. (Annexure-2)
e) Disability Certificate from the appropriate authority regarding physical disability [as per the format (Annexure-3)
f) Discharge Certificate from defence service (applicable to Ex-defence personnel only).
g) Proof to the effect that the candidate has been affected by 1984 riots (if claiming age relaxation).
h) Certificate regarding domicile in Kashmir Division from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 (if claiming age relaxation for Kashmir Division).
VIII. IMPORTANT REQUIREMENT ABOUT PHYSICAL DISABILITY CERTIFICATE
1. According to the 'Persons With Disabilities (equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Rules,
1996' dated 31/ 12/1996 in exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section ( 1) and (2) of Section 73 of the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995 ( 1 of 1996). a disability certificate shall be issued by a Medical Board duly constituted by the Central or a State Government. The Central/State Government may constitute a Medical Board consisting of at least three members, out of which, at least, one member shall be a Specialist from the relevant field.
2. The Certificate would be valid for a period of 5 years for those whose disability is temporary. The Medical Board shall indicate the period of validity of the certificate where there are chances of variation in the degree of disability. For those who acquired permanent disability, the validity can be shown as permanent. On representation by the applicant. the Medical Board may review its decision having regard to all the facts and circumstances of the case and pass such orders in the matter as it thinks fit.
3. Persons with visual disability of less than forty percent will not be considered as visually handicapped persons, One eyed candidates and partially blind candidates who are able to read the normal question paper set with or without magnifying glass and who wish to write/indicate the answer with the help of Magnifying Glass will be allowed to use the Magnifying Glass in the Examination Hall and will not to be entitled to a Scribe, Such candidates will have to bring their own Magnifying Glass to the Examination Hall
Warning, Applications which are not in conformity with the requirements will be summarily rejected. No, communication will be entertained from candidates not selected for written test/ document verification/ appointment.
Record of the candidates not selected shall not be preserved beyond 6 months from the date of formation of Select List.
CANVASSING IN ANY FORM SHALL BE A DISQUALIFICATION