HMT Limited, a major engineering conglomerate manufacturing various Engineering products offers challenging career opportunity to dynamic professional on permanent basis, as detailed below:
1. Post Details:
Post Qualification Experience*
No. of posts
Rs.14500-350-18700 / Rs.16000-400-20800 (Asst. General Manager
/ Deputy General
Graduate with ACS. Degree in
Law is preferred.
*Post Qualification Experience shall preferably be in Listed Companies (medium and large scale industries) / Public Sector Undertakings as Company Secretary/Asst. Company Secretary is preferred.
· To ensure compliance of the extant provisions of Companies Act and rules made there- under and other statutes and bye-laws of the company.
· To ensure that affairs of the company are managed in accordance with its objects contained in the Memorandum and Articles of Association and the provisions of the Companies Act and Rules thereof, as amended from time to time.
· To prepare the agenda for all the meetings of the Board of directors, Annual and extraordinary general meetings of the company and to attend such meetings in order to ensure compliance with the legal requirements and to make correct record thereof.
· To carry out all matters concerned with the allotment of shares, and issuance of share certificates including maintenance of statutory Registers and conducting the appropriate activities connected with share transfers. To carry out compliances as envisaged in the Listing Agreement and SEBI Guidelines.
· To ensure proper control, review and feedback, analyze various Business proposals/deals including acquisition, mergers, take over's, joint ventures in the legal context.
· To prepare, approve, sign and seal agreements leases, legal forms, and other official documents on the company’s behalf. To advise, in conjunctions with the company’s solicitors, the chief executive or other executive, in respect of the legal matters, as required. To engage legal advisors and defend the rights of the company in Courts of Law.
· Filling of various documents/returns as required under the provisions of the extant Companies Act. Proper maintenance of books and registers of the company as required under the provisions of the Companies Act.
· To correspond with the directors of the company on various matters and to deal with all correspondences between the Ministry, Company and the shareholders.
· To assist and advise the Board in ensuring good corporate governance and in complying with the corporate governance requirements and best practices. To implement the policies formulated by the directors.
· To generally advise the management and the Board with regard to the compliances of all legal and statutory requirement by the Company in a timely manner.
· To advise and guide the management on the formulation of various internal Rules and regulations and to ensure the compliance thereof in its day to day activities.
· To keep the records of the immovable properties of the Company situated at various locations and to ensure that the title to the same are in order and to generally monitor and advise on protection of the same by coordinating with the concerned Units/Offices of the Company in this regard.
In addition to the Basic Pay & DA, the compensation package includes Provident Fund, Company Accommodation/HRA, CCA, Canteen Subsidy, Washing Allowance, Gratuity, Medical facility, Conveyance Reimbursement, Performance Payment, Monthly Incentives, Leave Encashment etc., as per Company Rules. (Approximate emoluments as on date in the minimum of the scale comprising of Basic, DA, HRA & CCA in the grade AGM is Rs. 57227 /- & in the grade DGM is Rs. 63116/- (subject to variable Dearness Allowance). In case company quarters is availed, no HRA is payable.
3. ADDITIONAL INCREMENTS:
In deserving cases up to a maximum of 5 additional increments in the grade could be considered by the Selection Committee for candidates with additional qualification/experience.
4. GENERAL CONDITIONS:
1. Only Indian Nationals need apply.
2. The placement will be on permanent basis depending on the need of the organization as decided by the Selection Committee.
3. Minimum post qualification experience as indicated against the post is essential.
4. The minimum qualifications indicated shall be FIRST CLASS with 60% (50% in case of SC/ST candidates) in Degree from a recognized University and pass class in the professional qualification. However Management reserves the right to set an upper level and lower level of cut off marks for short-listing the candidates.
5. Mere conformity to the job requirements will not entitle a candidate to be called for interview. Management reserves the right to reject the application without assigning any reason, to increase/decrease the number of posts depending on the requirement, raise the Standard of Specifications to restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview.
6. A non-refundable account payee Demand Draft for Rs.200/- drawn in favour of HMT Limited, on any Scheduled Bank payable at Bangalore is to be enclosed along with the prescribed application. No other mode of payment is acceptable. Candidates are advised to write their name and address on reverse side of DD. No fee is to be paid by SC/ST and Persons with Disability (PWD).
7. Applicants serving in Govt./Public Sector Enterprises/Semi-Govt. Organizations should apply through proper channel or produce ‘No Objection Certificate’ at the time of interview failing which they will not be permitted to appear for the interview.
8. The original documents/certificates/testimonials in proof of Age (Only SSLC/SSC
/10th Standard Board Certificate will be admitted as proof of age), qualification, experience, caste/category as mentioned/enclosed in the application shall be
produced at the time of interview for verification. In case of failure to produce the original testimonials/certificates as mentioned in the
application for verification while attending the interview, the candidate
will not be allowed to appear for interview and no TA shall be payable.
9. Experience certificate wherever possible should be attached. A separate sheet detailing nature of duties performed, period and designation should also be attached.
10. Appointment of selected candidates is subject to verification of Caste and Character and Antecedents, as the case may be, from the concerned authorities as per the rules of the Company.
11. Reservations and Age relaxation for different categories viz., SC/ST/OBC/ PWD/Ex-Servicemen/Minority etc., are as per Govt. of India Directives.
12. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PWD/Minority/Ex-Servicemen category should enclose copy of the certificate issued by the Competent Authority to that effect.
13. Candidates belonging to OBC category are required to produce the recently obtained OBC Certificate (Non-creamy layer) (not older than 6 months as on the date of advertisement) in the format prescribed by Govt. of India, issued by Competent Authority.
14. Candidates belonging to PWD/Ex-Servicemen are required to furnish attested copies of certificates in support of their claim.
15. Candidates shall be subjected to medical examination by the Company’s Medical
Officer prior to their appointment after due selection.
16. Age (the upper age limit upto a maximum of 5 years) and Experience criteria can be relaxed in deserving cases.
17. Management reserves the right to relax age, qualification and experience as also to consider related qualification & experience in case of deserving/exceptional candidates.
18. No correspondence will be entertained with the candidates not selected for interview.
19. Incomplete application or applications not in the prescribed format will be rejected and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
20. Management reserves the right to call or not to call any/all of the candidates who have responded against this advertisement.
21. Management also reserves the right to cancel the entire recruitment/selection process at its discretion.
22. Management will not be responsible for delayed receipt/non-receipt of applications.
23. The decision of Management regarding selection will be final.
24. Court of jurisdiction for any dispute will be at Bangalore/or at the place of posting.
5. SELECTION PROCEDURE:
Eligible candidates short-listed based on the initial screening will be called for interview. Intimation regarding interview will be sent to the short-listed candidates through e-mail. The outstation candidates called for interview will be paid the eligible train fare to & fro
3 Tier AC /AC Chair Car by the shortest route OR actuals whichever is lower, on production of proof of journey subject to point No.4 (8) as referred above).
6. HOW TO APPLY:
Application in the prescribed format (indicated the following pages) duly filled enclosing therewith the Demand Draft and a set of attested photocopies of the relevant certificates in proof of qualification, age, category, experience etc., (all the relevant original certificates should be produced at the time of interview) and affixing passport size photograph at the space provided should be sent in sealed cover super scribed “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF COMPANY SECRETARY “ so as to reach the following address ON OR BEFORE
15th September 2016.
The Joint General Manager ( HR)
HMT Limited, HMT Bhavan,
No.59, Bellary Road,
BANGALORE - 560 032.