Name of the Post: Counselor, Saksham-Pravaah
Total No. of positions: 156 positions (Maharashtra: 55 positions; Gujarat: 36 positions; Rajasthan: 34 positions; Karnataka: 31 positions).
Location : Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan & Karnataka.
(State specific applications are required)
Duration : December 2017
Email : please see the application procedure (at the end of this adv) for state wise email ids.
Remuneration CTC: Up to Rs. 17,000/- per month for all states. Last Date for application: July 31, 2016.
Saksham Pravaah is a TISS project that implements counselling services for Drug Resistant (DR) TB patients in collaboration with the Mumbai District Tuberculosis (TB) Control Society (MDTCS). The programme supported by the Global Fund for AIDS, TB and Malaria was initiated in August 2014 as an extension of the HIV counselling capacity building initiative. Saksham means "Capable" or “Self‐ reliant” in Sanskrit.
Based on the experience of Mumbai, Saksham in partnership with the Central TB Division (CTD), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has scaled up this project to Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan and Karnataka. In this expanded phase of the project, the goal is to strengthen National TB control program (with special focus on MDR and XDR TB) in states of Maharashtra, Gujarat, Karnataka and Rajasthan through structural and psycho-social support interventions.
Terms of Reference for the position of Counselors, Saksham
1. Register Drug Resistant (DR) TB patients for counselling services and provide regular counselling to ensure treatment adherence.
2. Undertake home visits to DR TB patients within the district for providing follow up counselling
3. Provide counseling services to family members of the DR TB patients and refer them for TB diagnosis if required
4. Liaise with District TB staff to monitor treatment adherence of TB patient at
5. Improve TB‐HIV linkages and link with ART centers.
6. Link DR TB patients to social protection schemes and other health services as required
7. Ensure timely documentation & reporting as per program need.
8. Maintain registers and records as per Saksham, TISS guidelines
9. Attend quarterly meetings as specified by Saksham, TISS
Post graduate in Social Work (Health & Mental Health or Public Health or Community Organisation)/ M.A. (Counselling or Clinical Psychology)/ Master in Public Health/ Master in Health Administration.
Essential skills and other requirements:
• A minimum of 1 to 3 years of work experience in health related counselling. E.g., HIV/AIDS, RCH, TB, STI, ART, suicide prevention.
• Good communication skills ‐ written as well as spoken ‐ in English, Hindi and State
• Knowledge of MS Office‐Word, Excel and PPT.
• Willingness to travel within the assigned district.
• Willingness to work with TB patients and their caregivers.
Please send the following documents by e‐mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for Maharashtra state, email@example.com for Gujrat State, firstname.lastname@example.org for Karnataka State and email@example.com for Rajasthan state - along with the following subject line as Eg: ‘Counselor – Maharashtra or
‘preferred state ’
1. A Cover Letter
2. Your updated curriculum vitae with your academic record and experience.